I subscribed to a daily email from Kraft Foods, which sends me a dinner suggestion and recipe every day. I’ve made a few of them and haven’t made a failure yet. This Saucy Mexican Chicken is delicious. A nice bonus is that any leftovers can be sliced, warmed and wrapped in flour tortillas for another go-round. The black beans are a healthy component adding lots of fiber to the dish.
This makes 4 servings and takes about 35 minutes to make.
SAUCY MEXICAN CHICKEN
- 1 lb (4 small) boneless skinless chicken breasts or 8 thighs
- 1 16 oz jar Taco Bell Home Originals Thick N’ Chunky Salsa*
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 cup Kraft 2% milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Brown the chicken in a non-stick skillet, 4 minutes each side. Add salsa and beans. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer, about 5 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degreesF). Top with cheese, remove from heat, and let stand, covered, until cheese is melted.
* I’m not fond of tomatoes so I don’t like the tomato chunks. I pureed the salsa which gave me a salsa flavored tomato puree and it worked nicely.
*I copied the recipe using the recommended Kraft products. Use whatever brands you like.